Appendix: Chaotic definitions, acronyms and abbreviations
1. Course nicknames
- Nickname for a course Tik-110.249
- Nickname for a course Tik-110.551
- Nickname for a course Tik-109/110.400
- Nickname for a course Tik-110.250
- Nickname for a course Tik-110.501
- Nickname for a course Tik-109.350
- Nickname for a course Tik-110.401, used in talk
- Nickname for a course Tik-110.300
- Nickname for a course Tik-110.350
- Nickname for a course Tik-110.401, used in scripts
- Menu interface for custemer's current work automation scripts,
which are written in perl.
- assistant, course assistant
- A person working for TML courses, usually on hourly bases.
- assistant team
- See TML assistant team.
- The process of determining that somebody is who he claims to be.
- carbon copy
- E-mail that is send to someone else, but you receive a Cc: copy.
- Ursula Holmström represents TML assistant team.
- Concurrent Versions System
- not including you
- GNU is Not Unix; an Unix like operating system, and system
programs related to it.
- GNUPrivacy Guard; An OpenPGP compliant application which
enables you to encrypt data on your website.
- Java applet
- Java Applet is a sub-set of Java which allows you to program to
be used on any platform with Java enabled web browser
- Java script
- A Java based scripting language which has all the HTML object
as classes already pre-defined.
- Hypertext Markup Language; set of markup symbols or codes
inserted in a file intended for display on a World Wide Web browser
- Helsinki University of Technology
- Microsof Project, a project management assistant program.
- Opetuksen TUkiSysteemi, a course management system under
development at HUT
- group account for assistant team on spiritus
- Pretty Good Privacy, an encryption software.
- free database software
- project group, chaos group
- a Tik-76.115 student project, see 1.3 for list of
participants. You were propably looking for Chaos Group, Maryland:
- Rational Rose
- A program to assist in software modelling using UML.
- relational database management system
- Requirement spesification
- Accompanying document of requirements on custemer side.
- spiritus, spiritus.tml.hut.fi
- Computer dedicated for the use of the assistant team.
- Structured Query Language. Allows users to access, describe, define and
modify data in database.
- Secure Sockets Layer; A commonly-used protocol for managing the
security of a message transmission on the Internet
- Abbreviation in Finnish, means CS.
- Teknillinen korkeakoulu, Finnish for 'Helsinki University of
- Telecommunications software and multimedia laboratory in HUT,
- TML assistant team
- The TML assistant team is composed of different workgroups,
their foremen, and a group of course assistants who may be
working on one or multiple courses/projects. Assistants manage
- Tik-109/110.300 Telecommunications architectures,
- Tik-109.350 Telecommunication signaling protocol,
- Tik-109/110.400 Laboratory work of telecommunications software,
- Tik-110.249 Introduction to modern data communications,
- Tik-110.250 Fundamentals of network media,
- Tik-110.350 Computer networks,
- Tik-110.401 Basics of Data Security, and
- Tik-110.501 Seminar on Network Security.
- team, group
- In the beginning, God made an individual - and then he made a
pair. The pair formed a team, together they begat others and
thus the team grew.
- team leader
- The one in the group with the vision.
- team work
- The team work leads to a spirit of cooperation, coordination
and commonly understood procedures and mores.
- User interface
- Unified Software Development Process
- Open Database Connect
- World Wide Web
- Free web application server