This is the agenda of the ECAI 2008 Workshop on Configuration Systems (W12), last updated 2008-07-28.
You may also want to download a PDF version of the agenda.
NEW 2008-07-28 Download all presentation slides or use agenda below for individual presentations .
Talks are 25 minutes in length, and are followed by a 5 minutes
We will have two invited talks and one featured presentation.
Day 1 (Monday, July 21)
||Workshop Opening (Juha Tiihonen)
||Invited Talk: Recommendation from First Principles – with a fair bit of pragmatism in the mix. Markus Stumptner, University of South Australia. (slides)
Session I: Fundamentals: modeling and constraint based systems (Chair: Markus Zanker)
- Solving Practical Configuration Problems Using UML. Andreas Falkner, Ingo Feinerer, Gernot Salzer and Gottfried Schenner (slides)
- Modeling, Representing, and Configuring Restricted Part-Whole Relations. Lothar Hotz (slides)
- A Generative Constraint Model for Optimizing Software Deployment. Bernhard Peischl and Mihai Nica (slides)
- A CSP based Distributed Product Configuration System - (extended abstract) Fernando Eizaguirre, Martin Zangitu, Karmele Intxausti and Josune de Sosa (slides)
Invited Talk: Two decades' experience in developing product configurators - mastered challenges and remaining issues.
Andreas Falkner, Siemens AG Austria (slides)
After an overview of Siemens' configurator landscape our talk will focus on important technical and organizational challenges we faced during the development of three configurator generations in an industrial environment. We describe the benefits gained so far and identify remaining open topics for research. A demo of our next generation approach S'UPREME will show important principles of constraint-based problem-solving in an easily understandable domain.
A CSP based Distributed Product Configuration System Fernando Eizaguirre, Martin Zangitu, Karmele Intxausti and Josune de Sosa
Session II: Personalization and Interactivity (Chair: Alexander Felfernig)
- Constraint-based personalized bundling of products and services.
Markus Zanker, Markus Aschinger and Markus Jessenitschnig (slides)
- Towards Recommending Configurable Offerings. Juha Tiihonen and Alexander Felfernig (slides)
- Beyond Valid Domains in Interactive Configuration. Tarik Hadzic and Barry O'Sullivan (slides)
|17.30 - 18.30||OC Meeting
Day 2 (Tuesday, July 22)
Session III: Process Integration and Long-term management (Chair: Tomi Männistö)
- Towards an association of product configuration with production planning. Michel Aldanondo, Elise Vareilles, Meriem Djefel and Paul Gaborit (slides)
- Debugging Structure-based Configuration Models. Thorsten Krebs (slides)
||Featured Presentation: What makes Product Configuration Viable in a Business?
Albert Haag, SAP AG (slides)
||Discussion (special issues, themes for future research, emerging topics, ...) OC news, challenges
||Workshop closing (Lunch)